01 April 2010

NaPoWriMo...Day One

  1. Put your iPod or iTunes (or other mp3 player) on shuffle. (If you don’t have a music player that shuffles, you can choose CD or album titles at random from your collection by writing several titles down on little slips of paper … works the same way.)
  2. Write down the first five titles that come up. No cheating allowed!
  3. Use all five titles to draft a new poem. They have to be used intact — you can interrupt them with punctuation, but you may not remove or change words.

We walked by the bridge
me and she, beautiful lover of mine

We watched the water flow
ramble on beneath the pines

We ate the lunch she made
and talked of love, that sweet emotion

We sailed our ship to China
crossed that deep deep ocean

She left while I lay napping
woken by the buzzing of the fly

I called her to ask where she was
She said it was fun, but goodbye

I said how about tomorrow?
'No. Accept it, life just isn't fair'

But she came anyways to the bridge and the river
We watched the clouds, the sunlight in her hair

She left again, but I knew she would return
Every day, to the river and the bridge

Tomorrow we would swim,
the next day climb the ridge

Free as birds, no commitments
Except to always call

Asking 'Where are you?'
nothing comes easy after all


My five titles:
Lover of Mine
The Fly
Nothing Comes Easy
Ramble On
Sweet Emotion

2 comments:

Unspoken said...

Great results from a fun prompt!

Ed & Jeanne said...

I'm going to have to try this. I'm almost afraid of what might come up, I've got a wide range of eclectic stuff on the ipod...