18 August 2010

'From Hereabout Hill' Book Review

It is always nice to settle into a collection of stories every so often between novels, and that is just what I did. The thing about short stories is they can be like snacks in-between novels or read all at once, or over a long long time, because they are short! I'm the type of person to keep reading until I finish a book, no matter the hour. So I have no experience in the read-them-over-a-period-of-time-department, but oh well. Written by Michael Morpurgo.

The blurb: The stories reflect [Morpurgo's] love of myths and legends, his concern that we learn ofthe past, his keen sense of place, and they confirm his skill as a brilliant observer of family life and chronicler of first love.
I enjoyed all of theses stories; they were all well-written, well-thought out, and had great plot and characters. Is there really much more to say?

Amazon listing here.

No comments: