24 February 2010

Soon to be 100 Posts #7

Seven authors that I admire or that somehow, even in a small way (but a conscious (rather than unconscious/subconscious) way) influence my writing. (That has to do with me, just like I said it would.. even if I digress a bit from the original intent)

#1 Robert Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance*)

#2 George Orwell (1984*)

#3 Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice*)

#4 William Golding (Lord of the Flies*)

#5 John Steinbeck (The Grapes of Wrath*)

#6 Anthony Horowitz...just to show that I do read normal books too :D (The Switch*..bought the only one I can think of at the moment, I haven't read his most recent/popular contributions)

#7...Finally, Edgar Allen Poe (The Tell-Tale heart (Short story)...his stories and poems never fail to creep me out and fascinate me, and that could be where the horror theme slips in somewhere...

* The book I admire them for/ the only book of theirs I have read

No comments: