16 March 2010

Hands

Yikes. She has a hand in it.
Literally.
The pressure is on.
Hands everywhere.
Everywhere but where they should be.
ON THE KEYBOARD.
SCRATCHING AT NUMBERS OF NOTEBOOKS.
Nothing seems to come.
I worry that I’ll let her down.
But funny thing is, I’m actually feeling
It won’t be as good as hers.
I’ve never felt this competition before.
She’s my wonderful writer daughter.
The stories just drop from her brain, fingertips
And she’s always at it.
The keyboard is always going.
I can blame it on the fact there’s only two
computers.
Three who need to use one each.
I can blame it on being tired at night after a
four hour commute, and long workday.
But the best part?
She reminds me to keep at it.
Keep focused.
That when I do things will pop.
Just as they do for her.
Thanks hon!
Now, back to the hands.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought this would be it about the hands but I read below; this lead me in with "hand in it"

Marinela said...

Nice observations and lovely verse :)