30 January 2011

Evening

Yesterday morning I saw a satellite that for a minute I thought was a plane and I thought...
Orion is my favourite constellation
and Venus was bright in the sky tonight
but there are still clouds that hide the moon
even when it shines full and bright
and when the sky looks empty,
there are still people up there,
and even if we are alone in the galaxy,
some of us will still be scared,
the moon you see is the same one they do
and the man or the rabbit is just an illusion
even science can't explain everything,
sometimes it's all confusion.

One Single Impression 

7 comments:

Dianne said...

you travel the loneliness of the universe and back again, I love it.

My haiku from the winter solstice/lunar eclipse 2010:
See, full moon eclipsed
after longest night returns.
how brightly she shines!

I enjoy your writing,
Dianne

Tumblewords: said...

It is huge and not toally explainable, for sure! I loved reading this!

Reflections said...

Lonely words travelled in solitary moments, far off into an amazing galaxy mirroring moments of our own.

The Write Girl said...

I love the wonder of the universe you capture and also the curiousity of the unknown. Nicely written.

Ramesh Sood said...

I am in a feeling of wonderment..well done...

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

beautiful.

confusion leads to clarification.


feel free to share your poetry with Jingle Poetry potluck today,

heep://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/

cheers.

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for this enigmatic poem.